This module, currently being piloted, enables candidates to start engaging in the pedagogically effective use of ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts and benefits of using ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Outline considerations for planning an ICT-enhanced lesson.
- Understand safety, security and well-being considerations when using ICT in education.
- Outline ICT resources that can be used to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Understand how to source and evaluate ICT resources to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Outline key features of classroom technologies.
- Use key features of a learning platform.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Certifies the key concepts relating to the use of ICT in the classroom.
- Supports educators who wish to start effectively using ICT in their professional practice.
- Developed with input from subject matter experts in the areas of teaching practice and IT user skills.
|Selecting ICT Resources||
|Managing the Learning Environment||